It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:38 pm Advanced search

Wordpress 2.9 - ** UPDATED THEMES **

Updates of themes created before WP 2.9.

Wordpress 2.9 - ** UPDATED THEMES **

Postby Okoth » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:57 am

First of all, all the Web2feel themes are able to run on WP3 and above. Please let us know when one of the themes has difficulties with WP3+.

Since the release of WordPress 2.9, themes released by web2feel are using a new feature to enable thumbnails on featured posts and post excerpts etc. Earlier we have been using the Timthumb script from Darrenhoyt.com. This involved creating a customfield and applying the required image url to it.

With the release of WordPress 2.9 we have a new feature called the_post_thumbnail feature. This enables us to add a thumbnail image to any of our post from the post editor itself. Yes, we do not need to use any customfields anymore. We have relied on this feature on Jinsona's new themes like Multichrome, Gamerpress, Pristilo etc.This feature will be used on all new themes from web2feel.com.

It is very very easy to enable thumbnails using this new feature, but since it is a new feature some users are confused how to do this. We have been getting many emails asking how to enable thumbnails on these latest themes. It is explained here http://www.web2feel.com/screencast-on-how-to-add-thumbnails-to-web2feel-themes/.

Themes created before Multichromo still make use of the timthumb.php. When configured according to the Setup Guides, they all should work well.
POST YOUR BLOG URL [CODE IT] ALONG WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS, ELSE THEY WILL BE IGNORED.
Okoth
Theme Ninja

Re: Wordpress 2.9 - ** UPDATED THEMES **

Postby Jace » Thu May 20, 2010 8:21 am

Okoth...

Your post starts off talking about the post_thumbnail feature and the same post also lists Chronicle as being updated. I don't see the thumbnail widget on the post page, though. Is this just a mixed message (i.e. the updated themes were updated in some other way) or do I need to load a widget into WordPress? I am running 2.9.2.

-Jason
Jace
Registered Member

Postby Okoth » Thu May 20, 2010 8:29 am

How about this sentence: Since I don't have webspace at Web2feel.com you will have to PM a request with your e-mail address. ;)
POST YOUR BLOG URL [CODE IT] ALONG WITH SUPPORT REQUESTS, ELSE THEY WILL BE IGNORED.
Okoth
Theme Ninja

Postby thenybigbite » Fri May 21, 2010 2:49 am

Hi Okoth

I'm using Luxury Yachting theme and am looking for the WP2.0 update. If you can email, would be great: tricia.grant at gmail.com THanks!
thenybigbite
Registered Member

Postby amm0 » Sat May 22, 2010 4:05 pm

Hi, is there an updated version of the Tribune theme?

I've sent a PM to you with my email address

Cheers,

Aman
amm0
Registered Member

Postby msl » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:31 am

Can I install a different Wordpress theme to a Wordpress hosted blog?
msl
Registered Member

Postby Designshop98 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:14 am

msl wrote:Can I install a different Wordpress theme to a Wordpress hosted blog?

U can use only the themes that are available in the wordpress.com repository.These are the themes that you can search for from wordpress.com appearance --->themes section.
Designshop98
Registered Member

Postby Okoth » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:37 am

Designshop98 wrote:U can use only the themes that are available in the wordpress.com repository.These are the themes that you can search for from wordpress.com appearance --->themes section.

How about the Web2feel themes? Can we use those since I cannot find them in the Wordpress.com repository.

And how about the themes that can be found at Wordpress.org, when I go to Wordpress.org and choose for Extend and in the menu go to Themes? ;)
Okoth
Theme Ninja

Postby rehan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:15 pm

Hi, Does multichrome work on Wp2.8?
becasue it generates this error when i turn it on
Code: Select all
Fatal error: Call to undefined function has_post_thumbnail() in /home/cricleba/public_html/wp-content/themes/multichrome/slide.php on line 31
rehan
Registered Member

Postby martineden » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:41 am

Anyone who succesfully has tried out their Monezine theme together with WordPress 3.0?
martineden
Registered Member

Next

Return to Jinsona theme Updates